Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Garlic Oil for Pre pooing and Garlic supplements

I know it sounds crazy. I know it stinks. Two months after I had my daughter in 2008, I experienced shedding. This is common after birth, but I was devastated because my hair was doing great. Even though this is normal after having a child, I considered this a set back. So thanks to my sisters on KISS and Healthy Hair Textures (back in 2008) for suggesting neem oil. The neem oil was doing OK then some ladies suggested garlic. I started putting cloves of garlic in olive oil and applying it to my scalp for several hours. After two weeks the shedding wasn't as bad. In a month or so, the shedding had slowed down tremendously. Then I started using garlic conditioner(Nutrine 16 oz. in the jar), and I purchased garlic oil from iherb.com. Don't forget to refrigerate the oil because it will spoil.

Here's a pic of how I pre poo with garlic oil. I usually pre poo with garlic oil after wearing my flat ironed. I apply the oil on my scalp for a couple hours (under a plastic bag or cap) then proceed with a deep conditioner on the rest of the hair for another hour (under the same plastic bag or plastic cap). I give my hair special treatment after I use flat iron because we know it is damaging to the strands.

I have been taking two odorless garlic tablets daily since 2008. Since taking supplements like garlic, has helped me on my hair journey. I notice a change in my hair, skin, and whole body when I stop taking supplements or not drinking enough water. Most importantly, Eating properly is a must for a good hair regimen.

Here's an article from buzzle.com about garlic.

Topical application of garlic oil brings about a lot of improvement in healthy growth of hair. This is because garlic oil consists of rich extracts of garlic which is good for both the scalp as well as the hair. Garlic oil improves blood circulation to the scalp, removes harmful toxins from the scalp surface, and makes the hair roots strong. In all these ways, it helps in hair loss prevention. Moreover, those who are suffering from dry hair problem or have an itchy scalp can also get rid of these annoying symptoms by using garlic oil.

You can prepare garlic oil for hair by soaking garlic cloves in olive oil for a week. After that, you can use the oil for the next one or two weeks. Gently massage garlic oil on the scalp before bedtime with special attention on the hair loss area. Cover it up with shower cap and go to bed. Next morning, wash your hair with mild shampoo. Repeat this process for a few weeks and you will observe that hair fall is under control and hair regrowth has started. You can also slice the garlic cloves and directly rub them into the thinning areas of the scalp. Wait for an hour and apply olive oil on the scalp. Keep it on the hair overnight and wash it off with shampoo in the next morning. Read more on how to make garlic oil.

Hope you have understood how to use garlic oil for hair care. Garlic oil is a natural substance and can be safely used by most of the people. However, there are some people who are allergic to garlic. For them, it is advisable not to use garlic oil in any form, be it for consumption or for external application. Or else, it may give some adverse side effects.

2 comments:

Same Hair Different Head (Afton) said...

I have always wanted to try garlic in my hair regimen but wasn't sure how. Also thanks for your comment on my blog and thanks for following me.

KSSN said...

try it and let me know. how's the wedding plans going?