Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Not A Diet, A Lifestyle Change











For the past couple of weeks, I've lost 4 pounds by making small changes in our eating habits. Yes, my Family is in this too.


We eat whole grain pasta, whole wheat bread, plenty of fresh fruits and vegatables. Just by making small changes, I have lost a little weight.


My current weight is 144 pounds. My goal weight is 130. My plan is simple. After having my daughter in October 2008, I lost the weight and reached my goal weight of 130 pounds by the summer of 2009. So I put some of the weight back on. At 5'3 , I think 130 pounds is reasonble for me.


Some of the changes

1. Drink plenty of water.

2. Eat breakfast every morning.

3. Eat the recommended servings of my food by measuring with a cup or a spoon

4. Write down my food intake for the first couple of weeks.

5. Pre-package my snacks so they're always on hand.

6. Exercise at least 30 to 45 minutes 6 days a week.

7. And no eating after 7pm.


I'll keep you guys posted.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

It's so funny that you wrote about the lifestyle change. I am starting a low-carb diet myself. I love how you are going to tackle the way you do it i.e drink plenty of water, breakfast and pre-package snacks and no eating after 7. For me, the most important things is going to be snacks. I love snacks.

Vanessa said...

I commented yesterday, but since Blogger was down, it didn't post. But anywho- I love that you posted this.I am going to begin my diet journey and I like the idea of writing it down, drink water and don't drink after 7.

Blessed Tresses said...

Thanks for stopping by and the congrats! I love this post and your hair and makeup are beautiful!!!

KSSN said...

@Vanessa. goodluck with your lifestyle change.

@ Blessed Tresses. thank you.